[c-nsp] Cisco-Juniper IGP-LDP Inter-Op

Amos Thong amosthy at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 4 13:11:18 EDT 2012

Hi CNSP Members,

I work for a  provider selling broadband and Metro-E services.

In the IP/MPLS network,  I have Cisco CRS as the core router and the outer layer is populated with Juniper MX480 as PE.We run ISIS as IGP.

On the MX480 i see this config below to make the LDP to follow ISIS metric. However i don't see this on the IOS XR. I looked around on the internet but the closest topic i found was on IGP-LDP Synchronization but could not find similar command to tie LDP metric to ISIS metric. Is that a Cisco default that LDP to use ISIS metric and there is no need for such config like the one on JUNOS below ?

protocols {
            ldp {
                track-igp-metric;

Thanks