[c-nsp] Apple iOS clients connecting to Web Pass Through SSID getting redirected to "Success" page.

Jason Lixfeld jason at lixfeld.ca
Thu Oct 25 18:20:30 EDT 2012

Hi,

We've recently deployed an SSID on a WLC-based Wifi installation with Web Passthrough auth and the splash page hanging off of an external web server.  While testing iOS clients, once we get fed the splash page and click to connect, we then get redirected to a "Success" page from within the overlay'd Web Auth pop-up screen.  We're authenticated at this point, but that pop-up is sticky until we click "Done" at which point it goes away and we can continue along exploring the interwebs.

I've never seen this sticky condition anywhere else on my iOS devices, like a Starbucks, for example.  OS X clients don't seem to exhibit the same behaviour, nor do the Android clients we've briefly tested so far.

I know this might be a stretch, but I figure I'd ask here to see if anyone else has seen something similar.  It's clearly an Apple iOS issue, but I'm wondering if Cisco has doctored some sort of fix for this.  The controller in question is a 5508 running 7.0.220.0.  The AP is a 3500i running 12.4(23c)JA3.

Thanks in advance!