[c-nsp] 7600 SUP720-3B PBR

Aaron aaron1 at gvtc.com
Tue Sep 18 14:31:51 EDT 2012

I found this, although it might be redundant to what others have already
sent you...
Policy-Based Routing TCAM and Adjacency Utilization
In Supervisor 2 with PFC2 and Supervisor 720 with PFC3, policy-based routing
(PBR) is fully supported in hardware using a combination of the security and
feature ACL TCAM and the hardware adjacency table.

While a discussion of PBR is outside the scope of this document, it is
important to understand that PBR does consume ACL TCAM resources and
adjacency table entries.

When you configure PBR, the PBR ACLs are installed in the security ACL TCAM.
When a packet matches a PBR ACE, an adjacency pointer is returned as the
result. The pointer references a location in the hardware adjacency table
that contains the rewrite information necessary to forward the packet to the
correct PBR next hop.

In Supervisor 2 with PFC2, 1024 of the 256 K available hardware adjacencies
are reserved for PBR. In Supervisor 720 with PFC3, 2048 of the 1 million
available hardware adjacencies are reserved for PBR.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_white_paper09
186a00800c9470.shtml

Aaron