[c-nsp] 3560g switch - tagged vlans and untagged frames

Mike mike-cisconsplist at tiedyenetworks.com
Tue Apr 9 00:16:04 EDT 2013

Hi,

	I would like to be able to accept both tagged and untagged frames on my
3560g. For the untagged frames, I'd like to be able to say these are a
member of some vlan - say 100 - otherwise I want to be able to allow
tagged frames from some list.

	In testing, it doesn't appear that "switchport trunk native vlan xxxx"
is doing the job; anything I send untagged is dropped and doesn't show
up in the switch mac address tables.  Here is my config:

interface GigabitEthernet0/45
  description testing cisco vlans
  switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
  switchport trunk native vlan 6
  switchport trunk allowed vlan 306
  switchport mode trunk

It it helps. I do also have dot1q native vlan tagging enabled. I just
can't see inside of the switch and understand where my frames are going.
If I put it into switchport mode access, and switchport access vlan 6,
it all works fine and I see mac addresses in the table.

	Any help would be appreciated.

Mike-