[c-nsp] Route map matching, tags and community question

David Hubbard dhubbard at dino.hostasaurus.com
Mon Apr 22 17:08:27 EDT 2013

From: Jon Lewis [mailto:jlewis at lewis.org]

> On Mon, 22 Apr 2013, Gert Doering wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 04:25:11PM -0400, David Hubbard wrote:
> >> route-map upstream-one permit 10
> >>  set community 1:123
> >
> > "set community 1:123 additive"
>
> OTOH, if you're having them RTBH an IP, do you really care
> about any of the other community tags to do various TE "stuff"?
> For each neighbor that supports RTBH, the output route-map for
> that neighbor should have as its first permit entry, a check
> for your internal blackhole community with a set community for
> whatever that neighbor needs for RTBH.

Gert, thanks for the additivite tip; was not aware of that.

Jon, correct, if it's a /32 advertisement, I don't really care
about the other communities for that specific advertisement.
So you're saying I should be fine with something like this
instead to keep it simple?

route-map upstream-one permit 10
 match tag 67
 set community 1:67
route-map upstream-one permit 11
 set community 1:123

I assume after the first sequence, an export route map exits
unless there's a continue set?

Thanks,

David