[c-nsp] VPLS between ME3600X and Brocade XMR

Darren O'Connor darrenoc at outlook.com
Thu Aug 1 12:15:40 EDT 2013

Hi all.

I'm trying to get a working VPLS between a ME3600X and a Brocade Netiron. I've gone through a load of different configs but I keep winding up in the same error at the end:

ME3600X#sh mpls l2transport vc detail
Local interface: VFI DARREN-TESTING vfi up
  Interworking type is Ethernet
  Destination address: 217.196.224.61, VC ID: 3200, VC status: down
    Last error: MPLS dataplane reported a fault to the nexthop

I've checked the dataplane to ensure my MTUs/labels/etc are all fine and I can't see anything standing out.

This is my IOS config:
l2 vfi DARREN-TESTING manual TESTLAB
 vpn id 3200
 bridge-domain 150
 neighbor 192.168.224.61 encapsulation mpls
!
interface Tunnel0
 description par2.lem1
 ip unnumbered Loopback0
 tunnel mode mpls traffic-eng
 tunnel destination 192.168.224.61
 tunnel mpls traffic-eng path-option 5 explicit name TO-PAR2.LEM1 verbatim
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/1
 description Link to Switch
 switchport trunk allowed vlan none
 switchport mode trunk
 mtu 9800
 service instance 1 ethernet TESTLAB
  description SRX1
  encapsulation dot1q 2000
  rewrite ingress tag pop 1 symmetric
  bridge-domain 150
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/22
 switchport trunk allowed vlan 2
 switchport mode trunk
 mtu 9800
!
interface Vlan2
 description MPLS INTERFACE
 mtu 3200
 ip address 192.168.31.23 255.255.255.254
 ip ospf network point-to-point
 ip ospf 1 area 0
 mpls traffic-eng tunnels
!
interface Vlan150
 mtu 3000
 no ip address
 xconnect vfi DARREN-TESTING

The Netiron config is like so:
 vpls DARREN-TESTING 3200
  vpls-peer 192.168.224.1
  vpls-mtu 3000
  vlan 150
   tagged ethe 2/20

I've not shown the actual LSP config but the LSPs are up on both.

Has anyone managed to get martini VPLS working between these two boxes?

Thanks

Darren