[c-nsp] qos plan - advice please

Robert Blayzor rblayzor.bulk at inoc.net
Fri Aug 30 11:27:26 EDT 2013

On Aug 30, 2013, at 11:00 AM, Aaron <aaron1 at gvtc.com> wrote:
> I mean do I really need to go to each and every interface and apply
> policy-map (service-policy) to all the interfaces of all my mpls lsr's ?!
>
> Is it possible to enable something like rsvp and mpls te to allow for end to
> end qos ?
>
> What is the nicest way to do this ?

You're either implementing IntServ (hard) or DiffServ (soft) QoS.

The problem is IntServ isn't really practical or scalable unless you have a very small network; it also isn't very resource conservative.

If using DiffServ aware TE then you're going to have to setup queueing policies on all of your interfaces in the network.  RSVP will do the admission control, but you'll still need to have your service policies on all the interfaces the LSP's traverse.

--
Robert Blayzor
INOC, LLC
rblayzor at inoc.net