[c-nsp] Nexus 2232PP FEX Switch Question

Phil Bedard philxor at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 21:00:13 EST 2013

So the first issue, and probably the root of it, is you are calling the
FEX a "switch", and it's not a switch.  It doesn't do any local switching
itself and the FEX ports do not support running STP, so it really is meant
to connect to L3 devices. There is no way to disable BPDUGuard.

If the switches are just homed to the FEX you could run a VPC and just
turn off STP on the downstream switch. But if you had say multiple
switches connected to eachother which then connected to the FEX that's not
going to work.  The only alternative is use some other method to block
links like Flex links.

Phil