[c-nsp] Traffic Monitoring Question

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Tue Dec 17 02:36:24 EST 2013

On Saturday, December 14, 2013 02:39:03 AM Joseph Hardeman
wrote:

> Hey Everyone,
>
> I have been having a discussion with some of my guys
> about the different ways to monitor network traffic and
> what is the best products out there to help do this.
>
> So I got curious to see what everyone thinks and uses to
> keep an eye on their networks.  I presume you are using
> something to monitor the cisco netflow output.

SNMP monitoring of interfaces tells you how much traffic
it's doing.

Flow analysis tells what kind of traffic it is, where it's
coming from, where it's going to.

Both are useful to have.

The level of detail and granularity will depend on the
systems you deploy.

Mark.