[c-nsp] Brainstorming for troubleshooting

Gehring Kai kai.gehring at burda.com
Thu Dec 19 02:36:33 EST 2013

What sup and ios are you running?
Is there anything involved which uses virtual mac addresses? Like HSRP or some HA-Cluster or whatever? If yes I'd sniff that traffic and look for things like gratuitous arp packets and likewise...

Your Problem sounds to me like the traffic is being sent to the wrong mac address until the timer runs out and the box learns the correct address again.

Kai