[c-nsp] Connect directly for IPTransit?

CiscoNSP_list CiscoNSP_list cisconsp_list at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 16 00:45:07 EST 2013

Hi Guys,
We are replacing some 7200's with ASR's....our existing 7200's are P/PE...we currently have carrier/upstream services coming in via our switches connected to the 7200's (So all L3 Ints are portchan subints)....The ASR's have far more ports available than the 7200's....should we bring these services directly into the ASR's?(i.e. and not via our switches).  There are some limitations on portchan subints (QOS etc)...so is directly connecting IPTransit to the ASR recommended?
Cheers.