[c-nsp] FW: Cisco blade switch config

Kevin Berry kevin.berry.70 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 08:44:58 EST 2013

?

From: Kevin Berry [mailto:kevin.berry.70 at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:46 AM
To: Rich Davies
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Cisco blade switch config

Well, the trunk works for VLAN 1, seemingly OK......

Thes are Cisco CS3020 blade switches. Ithought they did encapsulation
802dot1q by default ?

The HP shows this:

ROOT-LAB10# show lacp

                           LACP

   PORT   LACP      TRUNK     PORT      LACP      LACP
   NUMB   ENABLED   GROUP     STATUS    PARTNER   STATUS
   ----   -------   -------   -------   -------   -------

   20     Passive   20        Up        No        Success
   21     Active    Trk1      Down      No        Success
   22     Active    Trk1      Down      No        Success
   23     Passive   23        Up        No        Success

   35     Passive   35        Up        No        Success
   36     Passive   36        Down      No        Success
   37     Active    Trk2      Up        Yes       Success
   38     Active    Trk2      Up        Yes       Success

My LACP uplinks are on 21&22 and 37 & 38. I currently have 1 down because
switch is pulled on Cisco side.

                    | Intrusion                           MDI   Flow  Bcast
  Port    Type      | Alert     Enabled Status Mode       Mode  Ctrl  Limit

 21-Trk1 21-Trk1   | No        Yes     Down   1000FDx    MDI   off   0
  22-Trk1 22-Trk1   | No        Yes     Down   1000FDx    MDI   off   0
  23      23        | No        Yes     Up     100FDx     MDIX  off   0
   36      36        | No        Yes     Down   1000FDx    MDI   off   0
  37-Trk2 37-Trk2   | No        Yes     Up     1000FDx    MDIX  off   0
  38-Trk2 38-Trk2   | No        Yes     Up     1000FDx    MDI   off   0

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 9:46 PM, Rich Davies <rich.davies at gmail.com> wrote:

What mode of trunking is the HP switch doing?   I believe by default Cisco
does ISL for trunk mode.   If the HP is doing dot1q then you need to define
that on the Cisco side since ISL is default:

interface x/y

 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

 switchport mode trunk

Hope this helps.

Rich

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 4:27 PM, Kevin Berry <kevin.berry.70 at gmail.com>
wrote:

I have (2) Cisco blade switches running in redundant mode and each is
connected to the same HP ROOT switch on the other end. Each blade switch
has an LACP / Etherchannel link of 2 cables going to the HP root. STP
enabled on the Cisco's.

Noticed this on my Cisco-SW1 today:

Group  Port-channel  Protocol    Ports
------+-------------+-----------+-------------------------------------------
----
1      Po1(SU)         LACP      Gi0/1(I)    Gi0/2(I)    Gi0/3(I)
                                 Gi0/4(D)    Gi0/5(D)    Gi0/6(I)
                                 Gi0/7(D)    Gi0/8(I)    Gi0/20(P)
                                 Gi0/22(P)

This shows that gi 0/20 & 0/22 are in use and bundled in port channel as
they should be. My blade servers (gi 0/1 - 0/8)  (some of which are down I
know) show (I) independant? Can anyone advise why?

Also, anyone know why a server like gi 0/1 for example will not talk on
multiple vlans?
I mean, they are set correctly on the HP, as I can ping out fine to those
vlans over there. Here is the Cisco config for those vlans. Cisco talks on
VLAN 1 fine. But Vlans 2 & 3, it doesnt.

!
spanning-tree mode pvst
spanning-tree extend system-id
spanning-tree uplinkfast
no spanning-tree vlan 4-99
!
vlan internal allocation policy ascending
!
!
!
interface Port-channel1
 description HP CORE
 switchport trunk allowed vlan 1-3,100
 switchport mode trunk
 spanning-tree portfast trunk
 spanning-tree vlan 4-99 cost 20
!
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/1
 switchport trunk allowed vlan 1-3,100
 switchport mode trunk
 speed 1000
 channel-group 1 mode active
 spanning-tree portfast
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/2
 switchport trunk allowed vlan 1-3,100
 switchport mode trunk
 speed 1000
 channel-group 1 mode active
 spanning-tree portfast
interface GigabitEthernet0/20
 description HP CORE
 switchport trunk allowed vlan 1-3,100
 switchport mode trunk
 channel-protocol lacp
 channel-group 1 mode active
 spanning-tree portfast trunk
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/21
 no switchport
 no ip address
 shutdown
 spanning-tree portfast trunk
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/22
 description HP CORE
 switchport trunk allowed vlan 1-3,100
 switchport mode trunk
 channel-protocol lacp
 channel-group 1 mode active
 spanning-tree portfast trunk
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/23
 description INTERNAL CROSSCONNECT
 switchport trunk allowed vlan 1-3,100
 switchport mode trunk
 media-type internal
 channel-protocol lacp
 spanning-tree portfast trunk

interface GigabitEthernet0/24
 description INTERNAL CROSSCONNECT
 no switchport
 no ip address
 no ip route-cache
 media-type internal
 spanning-tree portfast
!
interface Vlan1
 ip address 10.10.0.18 255.255.0.0
 no ip route-cache
 no ip mroute-cache
!
interface Vlan2
 no ip address
 no ip route-cache
 no ip mroute-cache
!
interface Vlan3
 no ip address
 no ip route-cache
 no ip route-cache

Anyone can help?????

VLAN 1 is 10.10.0.x

VLAN 2 is 172.18.32.x

VLAN 3 is 192.168.1.x

I can only ping 10.10.0.x n VLAN 1, so traffic moves accros these
LACP/etherchannel fine, but only for that VLAN.