[c-nsp] mpls label stack limit ???

Amos Thong amosthy at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 21 06:30:11 EST 2013

Hi James,

Adding on to Mark's comment, we have one MX480 running Junos 10.4R4.5 which has been generating this error below but there has been no service affected.
-------------------------------------
Feb 21 23:07:36.670 2013  er-01-xxxx-re0 rpd[1457]: %DAEMON-3-RPD_MPLS_INTF_MAX_LABELS_ERROR: Maximum labels exceeded - failed to stack additional label to nexthop on interface xe-0/0/0.0

That prompted us to check the Junos release note to see if there is a known bug and here is what we found :
11.2 and 12.1 release note
RPD_MPLS_INTF_MAX_LABELS_ERROR can be seen in log messages even if the
maximum-labels option is configured under "family mpls". [PR/734680: This issue
has been resolved.]

We hope this helps.

Regards
Amos