[c-nsp] WS-SUP720-3B and DOM/DDM enabled SFPs

Florian Bauhaus f.bauhaus at portrix-systems.de
Wed Jan 9 03:24:57 EST 2013

Hi,
We have got a C6509-E with two times WS-SUP720-3B (running IOS
12.2(33)SXJ2). I was recently looking for DOM/DDM enabled SFPs
(1000Base-LX and 1000Base-SX).

According to Cisco documentation (I found) the Sup720-3B does support
GLC-LH-SMD and GLC-SX-MMD Transceivers but does not support their DOM
functionality. Is that true?

Are there any other DOM enabled SFPs supported by the supervisor?

I am thankful for any pointer in the right direction.

Best regards,
Florian

PS: I want to use the SFPs on the SUP itself not on a linecard.