[c-nsp] IOS XR PIC (+ multipath)

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Wed Jan 9 11:38:03 EST 2013

>> assuming you are referring to multipath-protect
>I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear -now that I understand -I don't
>really
>need the multipath-protect feature.
>What I was actually discouraged to use because of the lack of real-world
>deployment was the: backup-path + multipath features - i.e. using both
>commands: "additional-paths selection route-policy" + "maximum-paths
>eibgp"
>in particular.
>I'm interested in the above combination because I'll give us the best of
>both worlds, load-sharing for equal cost paths thus implicit backup as
>well
>as backup path for prefixes with single best path.

Do you use max-path eigbp to ignore the IGP metric to the next-hop/egress
PE and to loadshare across these paths? Or do you actually have the
requirement to load-share across a direct/ebgp and a remote PE path?
If the latter, I would give it some extra testing, but it should work.

>>I would consider best-external a safe and required feature to achieve
>>fast
>convergence in active/standby scenarios.
>So do I, I guess the SE folks are just scared of "new" things

well, quite often us post-sales/Services folks are more cautious ;-)

>Yeah the Cisco Live,
>We can't attend this year unfortunately. Any chance your presentation is
>going to be one of the online webex sessions?

don't think so, but last year's version was videotaped, you should find it
(BRKIPM-2265) on www.CiscoLive365.com. Not much changes to this year's
preso..

	oli