[c-nsp] N7K, 6.1(2) BGP-3-UNEXPECt

Tim Durack tdurack at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 09:03:30 EST 2013

Answering my own question, CSCub58582:

BGP traceback - [VPNv4 Unicast] 100:4:203.3.3.0/24 has no local label.

Symptom: When 7K establishes a session with an eBGP VPNV4 peer in the same
Confederation, the 7K(s) drops all it's BGP sessions

Conditions: 7K has iBGP VPNv4 sessions with peers in an AS. All the peers
are members of a Confederation. Session is established and BGP Labels are
advertised by the 7Ks for the VPNv4 prefixes in the various VRFs.  When a
session to an eBGP VPNv4 peer in the same Confederation and the session is
established, the 7K(s) drops all it's BGP sessions with BGP-related
tracebacks

Workaround: None.

Not scheduled for fix until 6.1(4) or 6.2. We are having to install a
couple of confederation "route reflectors" to work around this.

(Why do I feel like a Cisco N7K/NX-OS beta-tester?)

Tim:>