[c-nsp] stp on me3600 on efp's with locally connected older switch

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 14:42:55 EST 2013

Hi,

On 25 January 2013 06:17, Aaron <aaron1 at gvtc.com> wrote:

> Need to run stp on me3600 on efp and peer out that interface with older
> cisco 4500.  Here's what I did..

{cut}

> And if anyone has any suggestions about designing loop prevention via
> me3600's when I'm connecting legacy vlans over vpls via my mpls cloud then
> fire away.

EFPs don't support STP. You should be able to configure the interface
as a regular trunk and then run STP across it.
Peering only applies to CDP, UDLD, LLDP, MSTP, LACP, PAgP, VTP, and DTP:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/metro/me3600x_3800x/software/release/15.3_1_S/configuration/guide/swevc.html#wp1056594

kind regards
Pshem