[c-nsp] High CPU ME3600-X

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Mon Jan 28 12:14:22 EST 2013

On (2013-01-28 11:51 -0500), Jason Lixfeld wrote:

> ISSU is never something I'd do in the middle of the day; always in a window.  That said, sure, sub 50ms would be amazing.  Until such a day, my customers and I would gladly accept many seconds of outage (ISSU), more frequently, as opposed to many minutes of outage less frequently (reboot).

Absolutely. However it becomes hard to justify when it occasionally causes
hard to troubleshoot issues, like blackholing which you'll discover hours
after the fact, after customer care ticket finally comes through the few
levels needed.

At least we decided after few of such events not to even try ISSU.
--
  ++ytti