[c-nsp] Best Support of Tier 1 ISP

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue Jul 9 08:32:24 EDT 2013

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 09, 2013 at 02:09:45PM +0300, Ahmed Hilmy wrote:
> We are going to establish a new 10GE circuit as a UP Link.
> So what you suggest a best Tier 1 ISP that provide high level of support ?
> Right now we have TATA,Cogent,Interout, Turktelecom and Level3.

We have been most happy with NTT so far.  As in "everything was way better
than our experience with other uplinks has led us to expect".

Like, no mandatory conference calls to get a circuit activated (as Global
Crossing used to do), but a mail with "here's your IPv4 and IPv6 address
for the link, please configure at your convenience and tell us when we
should turn on BGP".

Or, after an external DoS hit their Frankfurt node which we're connected
to, we received an unsolicited e-mail "we had a DoS here, leading to some
packet loss.  Problem has been fixed, our apologies".  We didn't even
notice up to that point...  experience with other carriers is more along
the lines of "we call them, tell them there's packet loss, and they won't
find anything and close the ticket".

So, yes.  Happy customer.

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/