[c-nsp] Connecting isolated L3 islands without GRE tunnels

Pavel Dimow paveldimow at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 16:18:53 EDT 2013

Hi,

I have a a few branch offices and I want to connect them with central site.
Now I have a few problems. First at every branch I have the same provider
but it is very expensive to use any kind of their L2 or L3 MPLS services
hence I have only internet access. Also, at every branch we have cisco 3560
with very bad GRE tunnel performance (about 2Mbps).
Now my only solution is to like this:
Setup EBGP with ISP (require only default route)  and setup IBGP with route
reflector at my central location. With this I should be able to have only
default route from my ISP and all routes from my network (central and
branch offices) and use only a single link from ISP without the need for
GRE tunnel.
Any ideas if I am missing something? Any advices for better solution?

Thanks in advance.