[c-nsp] BGP export map question for IOS XR

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Thu Jul 11 03:10:49 EDT 2013

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 03:14:37PM -0700, puck-nsp at interworld.net wrote:
> What is needed is,  I need the SP to send me all of their local routes,
> aggregated of course,  customer routes and customer attached routes
> across our gigE peering connection.

I think what you need more is a strict *import* filter on your side - have
them register their routers in one of the IRRDBs (I assume you're in ARIN
land, so in the ARIN IRRDB), and build the prefix list on your side from
that source.

Of course it's preferrable if the downstream ASes only export what they
document to export, but it's absolutely necessary for upstream ASes on
that level to very strictly limit what they accept.

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de