[c-nsp] Difference in IP FRR Link vs Per Prefix Option

Dhamija Amit amiitdhamija at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 4 02:43:51 EDT 2013

 Hi

Can some one help me in understanding the exact difference in IP FRR Per Link and Per Prefix option , It's mention in some docs that coverage of protected prefixes will be more in per prefix option , If we have per link then all the prefixes learned through same link will be covered in LFA computation then what else is left for any router the IGP prefixes will be learned through some link and if link is protected means all prefixes are protected then how can we say coverage is more in per prefix.

I see some vendors Juniper , ALU doesn't supports per prefix option.Could you please elaborate more on this.

Thanks for help

Regards
Amit Dhamija