[c-nsp] 7204VXR reboots

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Sat Jun 8 08:42:43 EDT 2013

On (2013-06-08 14:18 +0200), Gert Doering wrote:

> platforms.  And, as you have mentioned, SRC was full of shit, so why
> even bother with SR* if I can have 12.4M/15.0M, which is *way* less buggy.

This is anecdotal and not very useful to anyone. And having data is hard
(even if you're Cisco).

I fully agree about the insanity of having multiple trains, but for us SR
is obvious choice as features SPs care for appear there first. And it'll
allow us to harmonize.
In my mind M == enterprise (you need it for crypto stuff, firewalls etc), S
== provider.

And I fully agree on design where software features are platform
independent component shared by all trains, for some reason no vendor with
non-trivial portfolio is doing this.

--
  ++ytti