[c-nsp] High CPU ME3600-X

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Wed Jun 19 04:18:04 EDT 2013

On Monday, January 28, 2013 04:21:40 PM Jason Lixfeld wrote:

> Both are relatively new platforms.  9K a little more
> mature than the ME3600, although terminating a bunch of
> customers on an ASR9K is probably not a wise idea yet,
> given the fact that ISSU is still not there :(

We've used ASR9000's as edge routers quite successfully,
when they started shipping. Even though the code still has
its issues today, it's come a long way since FCS.

We don't consider ISSU a necessarily useful service provider
feature, so all upgrades would be done in a service window.
Agree, however, that the downtime incurred in updating an
IOS XR system makes it annoying as an edge router (less so
as a core router, but still). In many cases, this has
actually prompted us to choose Juniper in the edge.

Mark.