[c-nsp] New Catalyst 6k chassis

Chris Welti chris.welti at switch.ch
Thu Jun 27 03:44:53 EDT 2013

For those interested in the technical details, the slides for BRKARC-3486 are up at:
http://t.co/ZncyGrhHX9

Slide 24 seems to indicate that the current Sup2T can support 440G/slot using higher clock frequencies for the fabric connections and 4 instead of 2 fabric connections per linecard.
I guess the magic number 880G/slot can be achieved using two parallel sup2T in one chassis simultanously (in analogy to the ASR9K line).
Of course that still needs new linecards, to make any use of it. I'm hoping for a 4x100GE line-rate card by Spring 2014.

Chris