[c-nsp] 1.1.1.0/24 and Cisco WLCs

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Mar 11 11:03:51 EDT 2013

Hi,

> Maybe. But a lot of people *have* used it, because I've seen it when
> doing webauth logins e.g. in airports, train networks, etc. And by
> definition, the people unwise enough to use it are also likely to be
> the people unwise enough to return and fix things up in the
> installations they did.

I certainly havent logged in at a hotel using the default
account after having the cisco login page with 1.1.1.1 address.... nope!

I think there was once a belief that 1.1.1.1 would never be assigned... so,
rather than accept that it would..and use RFC 1918 space or documentation space,
they went for that. :(

alan