[c-nsp] nx-os ssh connection startup delay ?

Jeffrey G. Fitzwater jfitz at Princeton.EDU
Mon Mar 11 11:55:43 EDT 2013

cisco 7k 6.1.2

We are seeing delays when ssh-ing to system just before the banner page comes up.

Once session is up we see no delay.

It has become very consistent when we log-in recently and the delay is always just before the banner is displayed.

Debugging of the SSH session at client end just shows an approx 10 sec pause just before the banner is displayed.

I would like to debug at the nx-os end but I cannot find the correct commands.

Has anybody seen this delay issue or know the correct DEBUG commands for SSH?

Thanks for any help…

Jeff Fitzwater
OIT Network Systems
Princeton University