[c-nsp] NX-OS MPLS not answering to traces

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Mar 13 09:54:00 EDT 2013

On 13/03/13 13:26, Bernhard Schmidt wrote:

> Also a good guess, but it's a fresh installation of 6.1(2) and I've
> verified that there is indeed a CoPP entry for "match protocol mpls".
> The class is not dropping a lot of traffic.

I'm assuming you're aware of the way traceroute works for P-routers,
specifically that the generated ICMP packet is sent onwards down the
original LSP then turned around by the far-end PE. Have you (or can you)
verify that this packet is being generated (SPAN on the next-hop input
interface)? Perhaps the far-end PE is dropping the packet because it
dislikes something about it, something specific to the NX-OS boxes?

Determining whether this ICMP is being generated seems a good first step.