[c-nsp] Symmetrical Routing

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Thu Mar 21 18:05:47 EDT 2013

On 21/03/2013 09:41, M K wrote:
> Hi I have many international links active and each link is exported with
> certain prefixMy question is should the outbound traffic go through the
> same link as well , symmetrical ? or it's not an issue to have the
> export from a link and the import for the same prefix from another one
> ?

it depends on your upstream configuration.  If they have strict urpf
enabled, then asymmetric routing will be a problem.  If they don't, then it
should be fine.  Your router is not a firewall, so it doesn't care about
receiving packets on the "wrong" interface unless you tell it to via urpf /
acls.

Nick