[c-nsp] ME3600x L3VPN MPLS problems with 15.3.2S

Aivars aivars at ml.lv
Fri May 10 04:38:52 EDT 2013

I tried to deploy Me3600x as MPLS PE with IOS 15.3.2S and failed. It
is a straight forward MPLS L3VPN configuration with OSPF in the core
and static routes between PE – CE. With 15.3 I was not able to ping
even a directly connected CE IP from another PE (7600) in the network.
I was able however ping IP on ME3600 from the same PE – CE subnet. All
routes and labels seem to be fine on both PEs and P as well. I was
able however ping IP on ME3600 from the same PE – CE subnet. The exact
same configuration on the same switch works fine with 15.2S. Just
saved config, rebooted with 15.2 and the ping to the CE direct IP and
statically routed subnet was fine. I was able to replicate the same
behavior using a test ME3600 connected to MPLS core.

Has anybody seen something like this? I am not able to find any similar bug in the bug toolkit.

Aivars