[c-nsp] Nexus 5548 Questions and experiences...

Thu May 16 10:35:31 EDT 2013

Within the next week I will be starting my first dive into Nexus.  I have read the Cisco Press book for nexus, however its primarily focused on 4.x not 5.x and 6.x.

I am looking for some real world feedback, including some of the gotchas people have found in existing deployments.  Really this will be a small deployment, a single 5548 for now and a couple 2232TM-E and 2224TP for fabric extenders.  What has been the experience using TwinAX cables to uplink to servers?  Cisco Twinax cables working only or have people been able to use HP/Sun/Dell provided cables with luck?  What's the experience with the Nexus B22 blade chassis FEX?

OS suggestions?  Again this is going to be a new deployment, and its going into an environment that is not upgraded heavily.  As an example I have moved some devices off 12.2 (20) or earlier in the past few weeks.

Thanks,

Blake