[c-nsp] Cat 4900M vlan mapping problem

Artem Viklenko artem at viklenko.net
Wed May 22 03:09:02 EDT 2013

Hi, List!

I'm trying to map one vlan from another service provider tag 775
to another one because vlan 775 already in use in our network.

!
vlan 775
!
vlan 776
!
vlan 777
!
interface TenGigabitEthernet1/2
  description XXXXXXX
  switchport trunk native vlan 4094
  switchport trunk allowed vlan 777
  switchport mode trunk
  switchport nonegotiate
  switchport priority extend trust
  mtu 9198
  load-interval 30
  storm-control broadcast include multicast
  storm-control broadcast level 1.00
  storm-control action trap
  qos trust extend
  spanning-tree portfast trunk
  spanning-tree bpdufilter enable
!

Then I add

switchport vlan mapping 775 776

I lost all traffic passing through this port with another vlan tag 777.

#sh vlan mapping
Interface Te1/2:
VLANs on wire                    Translated VLAN     Operation
------------------------------   ---------------     --------------
775                                   776            1-to-1

when I remove this mapping traffic in vlan 777 comes back.

IOS is Cisco IOS Software, Catalyst 4500 L3 Switch Software
(cat4500e-ENTSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.2(54)SG1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

I've tryed to google about any known problems but found nothing.

Does anybody knows something about this?

Thanks in advance!

--
Sincerely yours,
  Artem Viklenko.