[c-nsp] N7k CoPP not MPLS-aware?

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Nov 15 04:48:20 EST 2013

Has anyone else seen this? Our N7k CoPP policy seems to be letting
packets through which are arriving MPLS-labelled. In particular, this
means it's completely ineffective at protecting the CPU in an L3VPN,
since all packets inside the VPN arrive labelled.

Presumably the class-map isn't matching, since the IP header isn't
visible. This is not the way other platforms e.g. sup720 work, and is
distinctly unhelpful.

The boxes are on an older release - 5.2(4) - but I didn't spot anything
in the release notes about it...