[c-nsp] Third party transceivers that fail only with new NX-OS 6.2.2a on sup-2E

Jeffrey G. Fitzwater jfitz at Princeton.EDU
Mon Nov 18 15:24:23 EST 2013

Since CISCO TECH will probably not touch this because its not CISCO, I see if anybody has solution.

We are running nx-os 6.1.3 on 7k with sup-2E on a new chassis that will go into production soon.  We wanted to run the 6.2.2a to fix some other issues with logging and found out the channel ports failed to come up due to transceiver Invalid.

——————-

  ( Eth1/1           #### core-ns ch xcvrInval trunk     auto    auto    10Gbase-LR)

——————-

Backing out to 6.1.3 and all comes back to life.

Has anybody else sent his issue with third party transceivers?

I’ll probably open a TAC case just to see what they say anyway.

Thanks for any help.

Jeff Fitzwater
OIT Network System
Princeton University