[c-nsp] MPLS-TP on CPT platform vs IP/MPLS core on ASR with TE

Adam Vitkovsky adam.vitkovsky at swan.sk
Wed Nov 27 04:24:34 EST 2013

> SDN will polish your nails also :-).
>
> Mark.
How I see it is that we all IP and Optical are gonna lose our jobs to SDN
and we'll be only called to set it up initially or when things go fishy,
though we'll make sure they won't so we'll be called in for the next setup
job.

Right the pre-fec trigger for failover is gonna be needed more and more as
the data rates increases and even slightest downtime means significant loss
of data. Though these transceivers are still immensely expensive.

adam