[c-nsp] Peering between VRF's in the same 6500 VSS

Alexander Wågberg alex.wagberg at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 05:09:02 EDT 2013

Hi,

I have the following scenario:

ASR1002X -- VRF-A -- 6500 -- IPS -- 6500 -- VRF-B -- ASR1002X

The ASR1002X to the left is the same as the one to the right, as well as
the 6500. The IPS in this picture acts like a "loop cable". Between the
vrf's I've setup a BGP-peer, the goal is that traffic should flow though
the IPS when going from vrf A to B and B to A.

The problem is that, prefixes sent from the ASR in both VRF's are not
learned in the other vrf on the ASR. The 6500 learns routes from both vrf's
and announce routes to the ASR in both vrf's. The ASR is also
route-reflector-client for both vrf's.

Why can't I see routes from vrf B in vrf A in the ASR ?

BR,

--
Alexander "wberg" Wågberg