[c-nsp] NSP remarking IP Prec/DSCP

Chuck Church chuckchurch at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 12:22:00 EDT 2013

Anyone,

                Working on an issue with DSCP being set on a VoIP provider 3
or 4 AS away and the packets showing up all default when they reach our
network.  Really only thing coming in that isn't marked is a tiny amount of
Prec 7, which I suspect to be BGP itself.  Before I spend a bunch of time
calling help desks, I'm wondering if this is a common practice?  I thought
the Net Neutrality rules prevented such practice.  ISPs involved appear to
be Time Warner, Windstream, Charter, and Level 3.

Thanks,

Chuck