[c-nsp] N7k VPLS Multicast

Bernhard Schmidt berni at birkenwald.de
Fri Sep 6 09:43:55 EDT 2013

Hoi,

I have started testing VPLS on N7k 6.2(2) with VLAN-based VFI membership
and I have some problem with IPv6 in the VLAN due to some/most multicast
frames getting dropped, which breaks neighbor discovery quite badly.
Unicast and Broadcast seem to be unaffected.

The topology/configuration is quite simple (only two PEs at the moment)
and happens with both VPLS BGP Autodiscovery and statically configured
neighbors. Has anyone already tested that and can share his results? I
strongly suspect "bug", it's a new feature on the platform after all.

Thanks,
Bernhard