[c-nsp] 7609 ES+, WS marking behaviour

Victor Lyapunov victor.lyapunov at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 16:43:16 EDT 2014

Hello

Have a question about 7609/RSP720 platform marking operation with mixed
linecard types. In the setup we are testing uplinks are
implemented in ES+ while customer facing interfaces in WS cards.

The egress traffic is forwarded out of the WS cards through a Port-channel
interface switchport with 802.1q encapsulation (SVI interface)
We would like to be able to have the 802.1p values correspond to the DSCP
of the ip packets.

Normally for a WS_Card the 802.1p (CoS) value is generated based on the
internal DSCP value of the packets (PFC based). I am not
sure what is the case when the ingress interface belongs to an ES+ card?
(Is an ES+ interface considered untrusted so internal
dscp = 0 always?)

Currently focused on mls qos commands to solve this but no luck so far. Is
this course of action a dead end?

Thanks for your help