[c-nsp] HDLC limitations on AS5400 CT3 card

Joseph Mays mays at win.net
Wed Apr 16 14:06:42 EDT 2014

The standard CT3 card for an AS5400 only allows 256 HDLC channels, or about 10.5 T1’s. Is there any other T3 card available for an AS5400 that supports more HDLC channels, or any way to increase the number of HDLC channels supported? Also, if I have two CT3 cards in a unit, are the HDLC channels for each tied to their respective cards, or are they available system-wide? That is, would two cards required that I set up 10 T1’s on each card, or would they allow me to set up 20 T1’s on one card and no T1’s on the other?

Joe Mays