[c-nsp] asr9001 4 x integrated 10 GE SFP+slots - does 1GE sfp work?

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Mon Apr 28 08:25:52 EDT 2014

On Mon, 28 Apr 2014, Nick Hilliard wrote:

> On 28/04/2014 13:41, Vitkovský Adam wrote:
>> Has anyone tried using 1GE sfp in the integrated 4 x 10 GE SFP+ slots please?
>
> yep, and it doesn't work :-(

There isn't a "speed 1000" or similar interface command like there is on
the Nexus gear?  On the Nexus 5K series in particular, you can use that
command to use a 1G SFP in a 1G/10G port.  Without it, the interface
reports an unknown optic type, and I believe the port either won't come
up, or will go error-disabled when you try to bring it up.  I don't know
if there is similar functionality in the ASRs.

jms