[c-nsp] Prioritize PING traffic to control plane

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Thu Aug 7 04:48:14 EDT 2014

On (2014-08-07 15:23 +0700), Roland Dobbins wrote:

> Sure - the best way to deal with this is to set up some anycasted ping target nodes numbered out of TEST-NET space around the network, and tell them to point whatever they're using at that.

Does not appear to be RFC conforming use of TEST-NET:

---
These blocks are not for local use, and the filters may be used in both local
and public contexts.
---

If you're not filtering them, customer may say 'we filter them, as per RFC and
they do not work'. It may not be very good PR to say you know better than RFC
how it should be and customer should violate RFC according to your design.

--
  ++ytti