[c-nsp] ASR1001 RAM

Gabriel jarod125 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 18:02:25 EDT 2014

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 3:41 PM, Antonio Soares <amsoares at netcabo.pt> wrote:
> These outputs are always relevant. Here you should see what is the maximum routes available. It should be different in case you have 4GB or 8GB or RAM.
>

> Regards,
>
> Antonio Soares, CCIE #18473 (RS/SP)
> amsoares at netcabo.pt
> http://www.ccie18473.net

I re-read my email and noticed I forgot to mention each ASR has 4GB of RAM.

Outputs from the one that generated the above-mentioned error message
(IOS XE Version: 03.07.01.S):

R1#sh cef fib
603 allocated IPv4 entries, 79052 failed allocations
1 allocated IPv6 entry, 0 failed allocations

R1#sh cef table
Global information:
 Output chain build favors:
  platform:      not configured
  CLI:           not configured
  operational:   convergence-speed
 Output chain build characteristics:
  Inplace modify
     operational for:     load-sharing
                          push-counter
  Collapse
     operational for:     load-sharing
  Indirection
     operational for:     recursive-prefix
                          IPv4-to-MPLS
                          IPv6-to-MPLS
                          MPLS-end-of-stack
                          MPLS-non-end-of-stack
 MTRIE information:
  TAL: node pools:
   pool[C/8 bits]: 93 allocated (120 failed), 192696 bytes {2 refcount}

2 active IPv4 tables (603 prefixes total) out of a maximum of 8192.
Table                    Prefixes       Memory  Flags
v4:Default                    475       288560
v4:Mgmt-intf                    8        20296

1 active IPv6 table (1 prefix total) out of a maximum of 8192.
Table                    Prefixes       Memory  Flags
v6:Default                      1          360

Outputs from one running IOS XE Version: 03.06.00.S:

R2#sh cef fib
341 allocated IPv4 entries, 0 failed allocations
1 allocated IPv6 entry, 0 failed allocations

R2#sh cef table
Global information:
 Output chain build favors:
  platform:      not configured
  CLI:           not configured
  operational:   convergence-speed
 Output chain build characteristics:
  Inplace modify
     operational for:     load-sharing
                          push-counter
  Collapse
     operational for:     load-sharing
  Indirection
     operational for:     recursive-prefix
                          IPv4-to-MPLS
                          IPv6-to-MPLS
                          MPLS-end-of-stack
                          MPLS-non-end-of-stack
 MTRIE information:
  TAL: node pools:
   pool[C/8 bits]: 165 allocated (0 failed), 341880 bytes {2 refcount}

2 active IPv4 tables (341 prefixes total) out of a maximum of 8192.
Table                    Prefixes       Memory  Flags
v4:Default                    333       384680