[c-nsp] LNS question asr 1002

Mike mike-cisconsplist at tiedyenetworks.com
Mon Aug 18 13:11:50 EDT 2014

On 08/18/2014 09:50 AM, Arie Vayner (avayner) wrote:
> You may actually want to look at summarizing this. The best practice would be to have a per-LNS pool (either locally managed or from RADIUS) and advertise the summary from the LNS up to the network.
> You may need to redistribute also connected routes for "fixed IP" services where a user may have a custom IP from the RADIUS.
>
> Not summarizing means that every connection (and disconnection) is a BGP update driving your CPU utilization across the BGP domain...

The issue at the time was that there were 2 lns and the subscribers all
had essentially fixed ips in their radius profiles, and no way to ensure
they connected on the lns that also had the 'pool' with their /32 in it.
I agree however; if you can summarize then do it. But iBGP is still the
solution here either way.

Mike-