[c-nsp] Remote LFA Deployments on ASR9K/ME3600X/ME3800X/ASR903

Vitkovský Adam adam.vitkovsky at swan.sk
Thu Aug 28 04:23:35 EDT 2014

Hi Waris,

We are using rLFA on ASR9k and ME3600.
On ASR9k there are no issues so far.
On ME3600 well you know the story but with the latest fixes we should finally have BFD error free code.

The rLFA feature is priceless indeed we gained 100% coverage across all our ring topologies.
The switchover on DF link failures is instant so one is only limited by the speed of BFD on other types of links.
Unfortunately minimum hello interval on me3600 is 50ms so can't get sub 50ms convergence there.

I had rLFA on ASR903 only in lab environment and did not spot any issues.

adam