[c-nsp] Sup2T netflow problems

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Thu Feb 6 04:41:46 EST 2014

On Wed, 2014-02-05 at 14:28 +0200, Henri Grönroos wrote:
> I think you are encountering CSCui17732 which is present in 15.1.2-SY1
> too.

Thank you for the pointer! According to the bug toolkit the 15.0SY
versions are not affected. Can anybody confirm this? Downgrading to
15.0(1)SY5 would probably be okay for us. The few 15.1SY specific
features we've started using are not critical (LDP/IGP sync, pw
signalling).

Any really good reason not to downgrade to 15.0SY?

> "Sup2T: show tech-support hangs VTY session on Netflow TCAM interrupt"
>
> In our Sup2Ts when that occurs they print syslog message
> %EARL_L3_ASIC-3-INTR_FATAL: EARL L3 ASIC 0: fatal interrupt NF_SE_CMD_ERR.

Yup. Hadn't noticed that message before, but it's there alright:

002387: Jan 22 14:30:17.271 CET: %EARL_L3_ASIC-3-INTR_FATAL: EARL L3 ASIC 0: fatal interrupt NF_SE_CMD_ERR

Nice that we now know the exact time this started.

> After that Sup2Ts do export flows from traffic that hits control plane,
> but hardware export is broken.

Since VTYs lock up when querying the flow cache I cannot verify it
locally, but on the collector I do see management plane flows exported
from the device.

--
Peter