[c-nsp] Multi-VRF on MPLS-VPN

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Thu Feb 6 06:07:09 EST 2014

>Hello team,
>
>I running an MPLS VPN network over ASR1002 Cisco routers and i have a
>request from a client to offer multi-VRF. Is it possible to run the
>multi-VRF without affecting the current MPLS network and setup.

not sure what you mean exactly, but you can just run two separate L3
interfaces (like vlan subinterfaces) to the client's CE, and put each of
it in a different VRF/VPN. If you also manage the CE, you can just put the
new/2nd (sub)interface in a VRF (vrf-lite) and also offer separate
(sub)interfaces to the customer. Doesn't require any changes on the
overall MPLS-VPN architecture per se..

	oli