[c-nsp] Cisco and RFC 6106 (RDNS in IPv6 RAs)

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Mon Feb 17 21:05:44 EST 2014

On Tuesday, February 18, 2014 01:06:39 AM Arie Vayner
(avayner) wrote:

> So we have support for advertising DNS server addresses
> in RA in the IOS T train since 15.4(1)T  and S train
> (since 15.3(2)S).
>
> In the future there will also be additional support for
> DNS search lists.

Arie, I don't have anything running IOS XE 3.9S or later, so
I can't test the options for this. But wouldn't it be better
if the implementation simply enabled RFC 6106 on the
interface but referencing the IPv6 DNS servers specified in
the global configuration?

Or at the very least, provided for that method in addition
to specifying the DNS server at the interface level?

Mark.