[c-nsp] Re-licensing secondhand Cisco equipment

Chris Russell chris at nifry.com
Tue Jan 7 19:24:22 EST 2014

> Running them for a home lab is another story.
>>
> It's another story from the vulnerability perspective, but the same
> story
> from the "am I entitled to run this software?" perspective, which is
> the
> one I'd like to better understand.

  Good luck with that.

  I've been trying to clarify something similar regarding a C6K SUP
Smart-Net.  I can pick these up used cheaply but ideally wanted to cover
these with a software type smart-net if we can so we can update them,
etc.

  So from: a UK Cisco Disti/Partner, our Cisco account manager @ Cisco,
2 Cisco SE's I haven't got any answer other than "I don't know I`ll go
and find out, leave it with me".  That was 3 months ago... multiple
chases, responses but no answers.

Chris