[c-nsp] Re ASR9000 Multicast over P2MP TE tunnels

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Wed Jul 2 04:15:18 EDT 2014

On Wednesday, July 02, 2014 09:18:43 AM Catalin Petrescu
wrote:

> Another test we did is to have the xr as a receiver , the
> p2mp tunnel is building , but as you said no LSP-VIF
> interface , thus the rpf check will fail. I never got it
> to work as advertised and ended up using mldp.

I know Cisco were pushing mLDP more that p2mp RSVP-TE.
However, they have had p2mp RSVP-TE support for a while now,
and I even know of inter-op tests between an ASR9000 and an
MX480 that work. Perhaps best to open a case.

That said, I'm also in favour of mLDP these days. It's
simpler and just as effective for general Multicast use-
cases.

Mark.